But they’re also not that good for our health, plus they’re expensive to run. We all like to make life as easy as possible so we hop in the car instead of using our legs, even for the tiniest journey. Big mistake, HUGE!
Nature didn’t give us powerful leg muscles just to push an accelerator pedal, it gave them to us because we are designed to move, if we don’t move we generally feel pretty rubbish.
Here are some ways to use your car less and your legs more
- At home for the day? Drive the car a mile away and leave it there. It’ll either stop you using it so you have to walk to more places or you’ll have to walk the mile to get it.
- Taking the children to school less than 2 miles away? Walk. Children love to walk once they get started, it’s less stressful and you’ll all get healthier and you’re giving them a fantastic habit.
- Driving to work? Park a mile away, walk to work and after work walk back to your car.
- Going to the supermarket? Park at the furthest end of the car park and walk rather than looking for the space closest to the door.
- Going to the corner shop? Walk don’t drive! You’ll get to see people and talk to them as well. So nice.
Do you want better health?
The Nutrition for Everyone plan will help you maximise the essential nutrients your body needs for robust health.