If you want it, have it, but if you don’t here are some handy ways of saying no:
- Just say no thank you. Repeat if necessary, with a genuine smile.
- Ask them to go ahead and order what they want, say whatever it is looks delicious and that you’ll try a bite of theirs if that’s OK.
- Say their food is always gorgeous and even though you’re full at the moment you would love to take some home with you or have the recipe.
- Say you love their company, you’re full and really don’t want to spoil such a lovely occasion by being uncomfy.
- Move the subject on to something else that you know grips them.
- If your partner is cooking encourage them to use serving dishes, it makes dinner more special and you can eat only as much as you need.
- Also with partners say their food is always delicious and you really appreciate their cooking and don’t want to spoil the feeling by overeating.
- Always sit near a Christmas tree for surreptitious plate clearing. Like “Cough. Ooh look at that big spider behind you!” WHAM, the food is in the tree pot 😉
Become a member
Join Nuush and let us help you on your journey to easy, healthy eating.