The problem is there’s always an eating opportunity, plus you hear so often that grazing is the way to eat. Not so. Most people graze on top of three main meals. That’s not a grazing style of eating, it’s adding unnecessary food to an already adequate diet. It’s a fantastic way to get fatter and a great reason to think about how to stop snacking.
So what can you do to stop yourself snacking?
- Eat breakfast later to shorten the time between breakfast and lunch and so you can have lunch a little later to shorten the time between lunch and dinner.
- Eat a fibrous lunch with some protein, to keep you full til dinner time.
- Eat fewer refined carbohydrates and sweet foods and drinks, to avoid massive fluctuations in blood sugar that lead to false rumbles.
- Eat dinner as close to 6-7pm as you can. So it’s not ages since lunch.
- Go to bed earlier so you don’t do a fridge or toaster raid at 10pm.
- Don’t keep snack foods in the house/at work. This is a simple and obvious strategy to help avoid snacking.
- Stop believing that there are healthy snacks such as Graze Boxes, energy bars, energy drinks and, to a certain extent, even fruit.
- Keeping something in the house “for visitors” is a fool’s game. Don’t be fooled.
No one ever died of hunger between lunch and dinner.
Learn how to eat anything without eating everything, with a Nuush nutrition plan.